However you experience digital music, the Cambridge Audio Sonata NP30 is waiting to show you how easy it is to unite all types of computer-based music in the most amazing quality ever.
With the ability to playback 24-bit studio master quality files, the NP30 not only offers every digital music convenience feature, but delivers a better-than-CD experience too!
So whether you're looking to relax to your personal download collection from the best system in the house, want to enjoy the benefits of internet radio or you're keen to experience your favourite music streaming services without a PC, the NP30 combines the very best in digital music from one neat box.
Cambridge Audio's NP30 network music player supports all the most popular formats including studio quality 24-bit FLAC and WAV files (Ethernet connection required for 24-bit files).
So, however you've downloaded your music or ripped your CDs, the NP30 will enhance your digital music with greater detail, more accurate recreation of live recordings and significantly increased dynamic range.
But music stored on computers and other hard drives inherently suffers from jitter and the NP30 implements a host of advances such as bit-perfect signal path and jitter suppression to vastly improve the quality of digital music playback.
Its ingenious abilities are easy for all the family to enjoy and the NP30 will access music content stored on any PC, Mac or Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive. Using a simple file sharing system called UPnP (Universal Plug and Play), set-up requires no software and can be completed in minutes. (No software required for devices that support UPnP.)
The Cambridge Audio Sonata NP30 both simplifies and adds quality to the amazing world of internet radio allowing you to listen to all your favourite music, sports, chat shows and Podcasts anywhere around the world through your home entertainment system. And thanks to its premium audiophile components, including a Wolfson Digital to Analogue Converter, the NP30 adds weight and depth to all internet radio broadcasts and even low bitrate stations sound better than ever.
A breeze to use with its clear display, the NP30 can also be controlled using the amazing new free UuVol Remote App.
- DAC: Wolfson WM8728 24-bit/96kHz capable
- THD +N: 0.003% @ 1kHz
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.2dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 95dB
- Total correlated jitter: <200pS
- Digital Outputs: S/PDIF Co-axial and TOSLink Optical, 16-24 Bits, 22.05-96kHz
- Audio Formats: WAV containing uncompressed PCM 16-24 bit 32-96kHz, FLAC containing losslessly compressed PCM 16-24 bit 32-96kHz, AIFF containing uncompressed PCM 16 bit 32-48kHz, Microsoft Windows MediaTM Audio (WMA 9 Standard) 32-320kbps, MP3 (CBR or VBR) 16-320kbps, AAC, HE AAC and AAC+ (CBR or VBR) 16-320kbps, Ogg Vorbis 32-320kbps
- Streaming Protocols: RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol), MMS (Microsoft Media Server Protocol), HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol)
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b / g or n (Ethernet connection required for 24-bit files)
- Wi-Fi Encryption: WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Ethernet: IEEE 802.3,10 Base-T or 100 Base-T
- USB: 2 x USB 1.1 current limited to 500mA each
- File systems: FAT32
- Trigger In 12V DC
- Mains inlet voltage: 120-240 VAC (switch mode)
- Standby consumption: <1W
- Max power consumption: 21W
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 67 x 270 x 285mm
- Weight: 2.1Kg