The Yamaha Aventage RX-A1010 AV Receiver is an impressive combination of first-class audio performance and versatile functionality. Yamaha's RX-A1010 delivers a host of premium features with 7.2 channel surround sound.
With a vast selection of entertainment sources available today, connectivity is essential. The RX-A1010 combines Ethernet connectivity for sources such as Internet radio and PC music streaming, while also allowing control via an iPhone, along with premium audio and video performance.
- AVENTAGE AV Receivers: Designed to Deliver the Highest Levels of Audio Performance
- Aluminium Front Panel Offers Visual and Aural Benefits
- Anti Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge and symmetrical power amplifier layout
- Rigid chassis with additional bottom frames
- 110W x 7 (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06% THD, 2ch driven)
- Access to Internet Radio, Streaming Services and music files on PC
- AV Controller app for iPhone and iPad, etc
- AV Controller application for Android devices
- 1080p-compatible HDMI: 8 inputs (1 on front) and 2 output
- Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
- Advanced multi-language GUI on-screen display with album art
- YPAO sound optimization with multi-point measurement
- HDMI CEC with versatile control from AV Receiver remote control
- HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programmes)
- Versatile Zone control
Evident in almost every element of the AVENTAGE Series, nothing has been left to chance to ensure uncompromised performance from each model. From the chosen components, to their position within the amplifier, to the final sound tuning, everything within an AVENTAGE model plays a role in delivering a finished product that is greater than the sum of its parts. A product befitting of the AVENTAGE badge.
iPod/iPhone Dock Included
Yamaha's YDS-12 iPod dock, shipped with every AVENTAGE receiver, provides full integration with an iPod or iPhone, allowing music, photos and even videos to be played from the iPod/iPhone through the home entertainment system.
4 Year Warranty - 12 month replacement
Every AVENTAGE receiver is designed to deliver premium audio and video performance for years to come. That is why Yamaha has provided a 4 year manufacturer's warranty on every AVENTAGE receiver. This also includes a 12 month replacement warranty for complete peace of mind.
Anti Resonance Technology Wedge
Any cabinet vibration has the potential to damage the integrity of the audio signal. To make absolutely sure the receiver chassis does not vibrate or resonate in any way, Yamaha developed a new approach - the Anti Resonance Technology Wedge. By adding a fifth leg in the centre of the unit to support the power transformer, power transistors and heat sinks, vibrations are further dampened, preventing unwanted 'colouration' of the sound.
Aluminium Front Panel Offers Visual and Aural Benefits
All of the AVENTAGE components feature the same sleek, clean design, with an elegant aluminium front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. The aluminium front panel is used to effectively shield sensitive circuitry from external noise and electronic radiation generated by dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, video monitors and so on. This ensures optimum sonic performance in the widest range of installation environments.
Symmetrical Power Amplifier Layout
This is just one of the many design details that all combine to create a superior receiver. The interior of the unit has been precisely planned, circuit-routed and built so that the left and right channels are physically and electrically isolated. This naturally maximises channel separation, but also greatly improves signal to noise ratio and also helps to achieve a wide, open sound stage.
High Quality Parts Allow Sound Tuning for Optimum Performance
Every single part in an AV receiver affects the sound quality. For the AVENTAGE models, Yamaha took extra time to find (or develop) exactly the parts they wanted, and to test them together in prototype units. This testing process allows their sound technicians to in effect "tune" the receiver's sound in order the achieve the highest performance possible.
Other Notable Audio Features
- 7-channel powerful surround sound
1,190W = 170W x 7 (4 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 1 ch driven)
770W = 110W x 7 (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06 % THD, 2 ch driven)
- HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Heat sink with anti-vibration and anti-thermal properties
- Rigid chassis with additional bottom frames
- DAC on Pure Ground circuitry
- High speed thermal feedback power amplifier
- Ultra low jitter PLL circuitry helps optimise sound imaging
- Detachable Power Cable for easier installation (also allows cable upgrade)
- Assignable amplifiers for bi-amp connection
- Intelligent assignable amplifiers for Surround Back - Front Presence or Zone 2
HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
3D means the receiver can handle 3D signal data. The Audio Return Channel function enables data to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable, with no need for an extra optical cable.
Analogue and HDMI Video Upscaling to Full HD 1080p
This AV Receiver will upscale video signals up to 1080p. This means a much better picture with HDTVs capable of 720p, 1080i or 1080p resolution.
High Quality Video Processing with Edge Adaptive Deinterlacing
In ordinary deinterlacing, pixels in areas of movement are interpolated by upper and lower ranges. This causes jaggies in diagonal lines. Edge adaptive deinterlacing detects the direction of the line and interpolates the pixels optimally.
Other Notable Video Features
- 1080p-compatible HDMI: 8 inputs (1 on front) and 2 outputs (simultaneous)
- Supports Deep Colour (30/36 bit), x.v.Colour, 24Hz Refresh Rate and Auto Lip-Sync compensation
- Multi-cadence (incl. 3-2 pull-down) detection
Network FunctionsThis AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to a PC to enjoy Internet Radio and Napster, and use a Web Browser Control. The AV Controller app lets you control various functions from your iPhone or iPad, etc.
AV Controller App for Easy, Convenient Operation
This AV Receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller app that is downloadable from the iTunes App Store to control power on/off and volume, select input and DSP modes and operate other functions from an iPhone, iPad and other devices. An Android application is also available.
USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone on the Front Panel
A USB port on the front panel allows convenient connection of an iPod/iPhone, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod/iPhone is transmitted directly to the AV receiver, there is no signal loss or interference, so you enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver's remote control unit to operate the iPod/iPhone music playback functions.
YPAO Sound Optimisation with Multi-Point Measurement
YPAO analyses the room acoustics and adjusts various audio parameters for optimum sound from your listening position, and lets you set up to eight positions. It's like having a professional installer calibrate your system.
Extra-convenient SCENE PLUS
The SCENE PLUS function simplifies operation by providing one touch power-on along with selection of the desired source and the appropriate DSP programs. SCENE PLUS offers a choice of 12 SCENE selections, four of which can be assigned to the second zone in a multi-zone system. SCENE PLUS can be selected from the front panel, remote control, GUI and even from the iPhone app.
HDMI CEC for Easy Operation
Another benefit of HDMI is the availability of CEC functionality. When the unit is connected to a CEC compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV, and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components. For example, you can use the receiver's remote unit to control player functions like Skip and Stop.
* All connected devices must be HDMI CEC compatible. Some CEC compatible TVs/players may not work.
Input Selection in HDMI Standby Through Mode
When the AV receiver is in HDMI Standby Through mode, the input source (Blu-ray Disc player, game console, etc.) for viewing on the monitor can be changed via the remote control. There's no need to turn on the AV receiver in order to switch sources.
Advanced Multi-Language GUI On-Screen Display
Yamaha's latest Graphical User Interface has a high resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and also includes a selectable Status Bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The GUI provides a choice of six languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian and Spanish, and can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures.
Intelligent Amp Assign
Intelligent Amp Assign automatically assigns amplifier channels to certain speakers, depending on what functions are selected. For example, in a 7.1-channel system, when Zone 2 is off, all 7.1 channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two Surround Back channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2, and the Main Zone will receive 5.1 channels of power. Similarly, when CINEMA DSP 3D is on, the two Front Presence speakers will be powered and not the two Surround Back speakers. When CINEMA DSP 3D is off, this situation is reversed. Thanks to Intelligent Amp Assign, there's no need to switch the speaker cables on the rear of the receiver - one more way Yamaha makes your life a little easier.
Other Notable Advanced Features
- HDMI front panel input for devices such as camcorders and digital cameras
- DLNA 1.5 certified
- Flexibly assignable component video and optical/coaxial (except Video Aux) inputs allow a wide range of source components
- iPod/iPhone compatibility with optional YDS-12 Universal Dock
- iPod/iPhone song titles displayed in English and Western European languages on the front panel and on-screen display
- Wireless connection for iPod/iPhone with optional YID-W10
- Dialogue Lift
- Preset remote unit (Learning remote unit in some areas)
- Background video feature (for tuner, Net and USB)
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D and Virtual Presence Speaker
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers.
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control)
Adaptive DRC automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume level. This ensures that you hear clear dialogue and vocals, and all sound effects at comfortable levels. There is no need to adjust the volume level as you listen; everything from whispers to big explosions will be heard clearly and comfortably at the same volume setting. It also tones down loud TV commercials, and is ideal for low-volume, late-night listening, when you do not want to disturb others.
Other Notable Surround Realism
- Channel expandability with external amplifier (7-channel expandability, bi-amping)
- Adaptive DSP Level
Versatile Zone Control
- Zone 2 on/off and control on front panel
- Zone 2 video assign (Component, S-Video, Composite)
- System Backup / Recovery function
- Multi-channel output in main Zone plus 2-channel HDMI output in a second Zone
- Zone mono, Zone volume, tone controls and balance
- Party mode
Selectable Auto Power Down
Auto Power Down lets you save energy by selecting to turn off the power after 4, 8 or 12 hours.
Low Standby Power Consumption
Yamaha makes its receivers eco-friendly with a low standby power consumption of 0.3W (2W in HDMI Standby Through mode).
- Channel: 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 170W (4ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 110W (8ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (JEITA): 165 W (8 ohms, 10 % THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 135/165/210/280 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 17
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- Dialogue Lift: Yes
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
Pure Direct Yes
YPAO multi-point measurement Yes
Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control) Yes
Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting Yes
A.R.T. Wedge Yes
Bi-amp capability Yes
Audio Delay Yes (0-250 ms)
192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels Yes (Burr-Brown)
- HDMI 3D passthrough:Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel:Yes
- Component upconversion:Yes
- HDMI upscaling:Yes (Analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- Deep Colour/x.v.Colour/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 8 (front 1) / 2 (Simultaneous)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device control)
- USB Input: iPod/iPhone, USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port: Napster (for USA/Canada/UK/Germany only), vTuner Internet Radio
- Dock Port: 1 (YDS-12, YID-W10)
- Front AV Input: HDMI/USB/Analog Audio/Optical/Composite/S video
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical 4 (front 1) / 1
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial 3 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 10 (front 1) / 1
- Phono Input: Yes
- Component Video Input/Output: 4 / 1
- S-Video Input/Output: 5 (front 1) / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 5 (front 1) / 1
- Multi-Channel Input: 8ch
- Preout: 7.2ch
- Headphone Output: 1
- On-screen display: Graphical User Interface
- SCENE: SCENE PLUS (12 sets)
- App Control: Yes
- Web Browser Control: Yes
- Remote Control Unit: Yes (Learning)
- Zone 2 Audio Output: Preout
- Powered Zone: Zone 2
- Zone Video Output: Component/S/Composite
- RS-232C Interface: 1
- +12V Trigger Output: 2
- Remote (IR) Input/Output: 1 / 1
- Party Mode: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): 0.3 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 182 x 432 mm
- Weight: 15.1 kg