No need to give up fidelity to get loud! Paradigm's Micro Monitor loudspeakers, with Paradigm's SuperDrive technology, combines very high-efficiency with very high output and ultra-low distortion. Monitor speakers compete directly with the efficiency and output of major brands of horn speakers - they not only play as loud, their sound is authentically high-end. Even with moderately powered amplifiers, Monitor speakers deliver truly breathtaking performance. And in classic Paradigm tradition, unparalleled value too!
Advanced High-Efficiency M-ICP Minimum-Mass Injection-Molded Co-Polymer Bass/Midrange Cones teamed with advanced motor structures and oversized magnets provide exceptional sensitivity, superb power handling and truly tremendous output.
Advanced High-Power Carbon-Infused Bass Cones, highly damped and extremely rigid, provide tight, superbly defined and incredibly well-extended bass response.
Elevated Tweeter and Advanced WaveGuide Chassis foster exceptionally uniform response across a wide, deep listening window.
Low-Diffraction Magnetic Grilles fit like a glove! Perfectly centered over the baffle, when in position these stay-tight grilles won’t move 'til you move them. Outrigger Feet on Floorstanding Models give added stability and stylish good looks. Nickel-plated screws add a high-tech touch.
Advanced H-PTD High-Efficiency Pure-Titanium Domes with ferro-fluid cooling encourage a winning combination of dome rigidity and low mass. Harmonics and air possess breathtaking clarity and accuracy. The result is performance that rivals far more expensive high-end speaker designs.
High-Pressure Die-Cast Aluminum or GRIP Glass - Reinforced Injection-Molded Polymer Chassis (varies by model) are exceptionally rigid to eliminate flexing and ringing, while also functioning as heatsinks for greater power handling.
NOTE: Micro Monitor differs in design from the other Monitor Series models. See specifications below for full details.
- Design: 2-driver, 2-way bookshelf / stand-mounted
- Crossover: 3rd-order electro-acoustic at 2.4 kHz
- High-Frequency Driver: 25-mm (1 in) PTD™ dome
- Bass / Midrange Driver: 140-mm (5-1/2 in) ICP™ cone, 25-mm (1 in) voice-coil
- Low-Frequency Extension: 55 Hz (DIN 45 500. Indicates -3 dB in a typical listening room.)
- Frequency Response:
- On-Axis: +/- 2 dB from 89 Hz - 20 kHz
- 30° Off-Axis: +/- 2 dB from 89 Hz - 15 kHz
- Sensitivity - Room / Anechoic: 90 dB / 87 dB
- Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 - 80 watts
- Maximum Input Power: 50 watts (With typical program source, provided the amplifier clips no more than 10% of the time.)
- Impedance: Compatible with 8 ohms
- Height, Width, Depth: 24.7 cm x 16.5 cm x 23.1 cm
- Weight (unpacked) 3.7 kg each
- Finish Black Ash
- Paradigm Stand (sold separately) S-30